SECOND CONGRESS OF N.S.F.A. WILL BE HELD IN DECEMBER

Ten Under-Committees Will Deal With Separate Phases of Subject--Great Educators to Speak

With Professor Alexander Meiklejohn of the University of Wisconsin and President Henry Noble McCracken of Vassar College as speakers, the National Student Federation of America will discuss "the Student's Part in Education" at its Second Annual Congress to he held at the University of Michigan on December 2, 3, and 4.

The chief purpose of the Congress is to appraise the value of a college education as it is at present conducted by different institutions throughout the country. Through the speakers and through committee meetings on specific questions relating to the proposition under discussion, the Congress will afford an opportunity for a thorough examination and a careful analysis of all angles of the problem.

Meiklejohn a Brilliant Speaker

Professor Meiklejohn, formerly President of Amherst College, is a brilliant speaker and a profound critic of our educational system. President McCracken of Vassar College is one of the leaders in the movement for extending the students' share in shaping the curriculum. On the opening night of the conference these men will present divergent viewpoints for the consideration of the delegates.

The conference will be subdivided into ten committees dealing with minor problems pertinent to the main point of discussion. Joseph Prendergast, President of the Senior class and of the Senior Council, and a member of the University football team at Princeton, with M. A. Cheek Jr. '26, Captain of the 1925 football team and Marshal of his graduating class, will lead the discussions on Athletics. Miss Dorothy Mason, President of the Student Government Association of Wellesley, and C. G. Gleaves, prominent undergraduate at the University of Virginia, will preside at the committee meetings concerning the Honor System and Student Government.

B. L. Bryant, ex-President of the Student Council of the University of Cincinnati, and Margaretta Fleming, active in student government at Ohio State University, will lead the discussion concerning Fraternities. Douglas Orr, formerly of the University of Nebraska, and now of Swarthmore, and Marvin Breckenridge of Vassar, as a re- sult of leadership in their respective colleges are well qualified to lead the meetings on the Nature of the Curriculum. F. V. Field '27, President of the CRIMSON, will be one of the leaders of the group discussing the Choice and Methods of Teachers.

N. S. F. A. Has Many Achievements

At last year's National Collegiate World Court Conference at Princeton, at which the Federation was started, 245 institutions were represented. Since its inception, the Federation has, among its other accomplishments, made a collection of surveys on compulsory chapel, prohibition, teachers' salaries, eligibility rules, and fraternity regulations, which will be printed on December 1, 1926. It has also made a cooperative agreement with the Confederation Internationale des Etudiants for the exchange of hospitality and information between American and foreign students. One of the purposes of the Ann Arbor Congress is to adopt a permanent form of organization for the Federation, in order to carry out more efficiently its ambitions and comprehensive program for the coming year, which includes a plan to send one hundred select students to Europe