HORWEEN DESIGNATES PROVISIONAL LINE-UP

Only Two Alterations in Array Which Faced Tigers -- Guarnaccia Still Out of Play

At the close of yesterday's long practice session. Coach Horween announced his tentative starting line-up against the Brown invaders on Saturday. This eleven, with two exceptions, is the same which faced Princeton at the kick-off; Saltonstall, playing left end in place of Meadows, and French, at left halfback for the injured Guarnaccia, did not start against the Tiger.

The rest of the team was announced as follows: Strong, right end, Coady and Pratt, tackles, Simonds and Kilgour, guards, Gamache, center, Putnam, quarterback, Miller, right halfback, and Sayles, fullback. Coach Horween declared that there might be changes in this line-up.

All of the cripples except Guarnaccia will surely be ready to face the Bear. Captain Coady, Kilgour, and Bruen were dressed yesterday, but confined their activities to warming up. Putnam received a cut over his eye during the offensive drill, which sent him to the sidelines for the rest of the afternoon, but the injury is a minor one, and will not keep him from Saturday's line-up.

Freshmen Hold Mass Meeting

The Freshman class assembled in the Smith Halls Common Room last evening to cheer the Freshman team which plays the Yale Freshmen at New Haven on Saturday. The speakers were C. C. Buell '23, E. L. Casey '19, coach of the Freshman team M. A. Cheek Jr. '26 and Geore Owen '23, C. E. Henderson '26 at the piano, and A. H. O'Neil '28 as cheerleader led the cheering and singing.s

The 1930 gridiron outfit, contrary to a former statement, will not leave until tomorrow afternoon, when it will go direct to Derby, Conn., for the night, not arriving in New Haven until just before game time on Saturday.