Assistants Sweat, Managers Perspire as Crimson Gridiron Impedimenta Moves Out--Anabasis Starts for New Haven

The rumbling of trucks that startled Mansfield, Kingston, Stonington and other towns on the New Haven road yesterday was not the vanguard of a traveling circus. Neither will be the bulging baggage cars, automobiles and the general stars of an anabasis that will stream along the Shore Line during the next 24 hours. All the activity will be that of the preliminaries required before the Harvard football team can play the Yale football team in the Bowl tomorrow.

In the Soldiers Field locker building all was bustle yesterday afternoon. Perspiring harassed managers dashed about with arms laden with towels, shoes, and strange articles of the football profession. Voices shrieked down the steaming halls. It was moving day.

Statistically inquisitive, a CRIMSON representative discovered that 12 trunks were required to transport the duffle of the squad to New Haven. Two trucks, conveyed by seven faithful retainers, left early yesterday laden with blankets, 20 carboys of filtered water, and other baggage of bulk. One of the most important items on the list of equipment is a consignment of 600 towels.

In addition to the men who have already gone on to receive and handle this vast store of impedimenta, a second contingent of managers left last night to have the New Haven dressing room ready for occupancy when the team arrives. And after the game, when the players are celebrating the breaking of training, and the University as a whole is finding it hard to settle down, these managers will have to collect and bring back to camp all the remains.