FIRST WRESTLING WORK SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY

FRESHMEN TO BE TUTORED BY UNIVERSITY VETERANS

Along with the other minor sports that spring up when football has vanished from the stage, the University wrestling season will open on Monday. All candidates for the University and Freshman teams will report at 4 o'clock at the Wrestling Room at Hemenway Gymnasium.

With a difficult schedule to meet, Coach Lewis is optimistic regarding the prospects of the team. Last year's strong team lost heavily by graduation, but Captain H. R. Wood '27 remains in the 158-pound class, while B. C. Turner '27, who won every match last year in the 115-pound class, is expected to return. The 125-pound division is unprovided for, but Joseph Lifrak '29, last year's Freshman captain, will step into the 135-pound berth, and C. C. Corson '28, into the 145-pound division. T. D. Howe '28 and S. S. Wilson '28 are expected to hold the 175-pound and heavyweight positions.

For the first few weeks of work, the University veterans will assist in coaching the Freshman candidates, after which time the two teams will meet each other frequently on the mat. Any members of the University who are interested in wrestling as a sport, and have no intention of trying for a regular position, are urged to report and work out with the regulars.

A meeting of Sophomore candidates for Second Assistant Manager, and of Freshman managerial candidates will be held at 4 o'clock on Monday in the Wrestling Room.