UNIVERSITY FIT AS TIGER DRILL OPENS

Elevens to Oppose Princeton Will be Named After Scrimmages--Scouts Back From Nassau

Only three members of the University football squad were not in uniform yesterday afternoon when the team began its final week of practice in preparation for the Princeton invasion next Saturday Kilgour, Saltonstall, and Bruen were the Crimson players on the injured list but according to Dr. T. K. Richards 16 Harvard's football physician, Bruen will be the only member of the squad who will not be in condition to play on Saturday.

Yesterday's practice opened with the usual kicking drill, with Coady, French and Guarnaccia doing the printing, and Chauncey. Putnam and Sayles practicing-drop-kicks. Captain Coady was getting of some of the best kicks of the season, sending the ball spiralling through the air for 60 yards several times.

Tackling Jacked Up

While the backfield was practicing kicking and passing, the linemen under Coaches Brader and Carney were put through an intensive session on the charging machines, and ended up with half an hour dummy practice. The Harvard tackling has not been up to standard in the opinion of several of the Crimson coaches and there will be a good deal of work this week on polishing up the defense for the expected attack by the flashy Tiger backs.

The comparatively light Monday conditioning practice closed with Team A going through a long forward passing drill, with French and Putnam doing the throwing.

Strong took Saltonstall's place at left end in the first-string eleven which Coach Horween selected yesterday, while Stewart was sent in at right guard instead of Simonds who was practicing on the tackling dummy. With these two exceptions the Team A lineup yesterday was the same that started last Saturday's contest against Tufts.

The effective work of the substitutes against Tufts, however, makes it a difficult task of offer any predictions concerning the starting Crimson lineup against the Tigers. Coach Horween was asked to announce a tentative lineup yesterday, but the Crimson mentor declined, saying that he had not yet made up his mind definitely on several of the positions.

To Announce Lineup Later

A final decision regarding the eleven men who wear the Crimson jerseys at the start of hostilities over this weekend will not be made until after the scrimmages this week. The first of these scrimmage sessions is listed this afternoon, with the strong team of ineligibles