FACULTY-STUDENT TEAS AT UNION OPEN FRIDAY

SEPARATE FACULTY GROUP TO BE INVITED EACH WEEK

The first of the annual series of six University Teas will be held Friday afternoon in the Living Room of the Harvard Union, it was announced yesterday. Refreshments will be served from 4.30 until 6 o'clock.

The purpose of these informal Tens is to give members of the student body an opportunity to become personally acquainted with the members of the Faculties and their wives. In the past this facility was not afforded to undergraduates, but with the growth of the University the establishment of some such informal social assembly was necessitated. The Harvard Union has provided the University teas for the last few years.

Tea For Each Faculty

The Faculty has been divided into six groups, each of which will be specifically invited to one Tea. This arrangement will make it possible for students to know who will be present on specific days, so that they may come to the Teas when there are members of the Faculty there whom they wish to meet. Professors and Tutors have been requested to announce to their students the date on which their department is to be represented.

For the first Tea on Friday afternoon, members from the Faculties of the Division of Fine Arts, the School of Architecture, the School of Landscape Architecture, the Division of Philosophy, and the Business School have been asked to attend.

W. E. Soule '27 has been appointed head usher for the Committee in charge of the Tea and E. B. Jackson '28 has been named as his assistant. They will be assisted in their duties by G. P. Davis '29, Alexander Donald '27, John Fairfield '28, G. L. Garrison '28, W. H. Gratwick 1G., H. C. Newman 1G., E. H. Other 1G., G. H. Perkins 1G., W. D. Richmond 2G., J. O. Ross '29, Madison Sayles '27, E. P. White '28 and J. R. Wood 2G.B.