Returning Graduates Find Many Landmarks Obliterated By Encroaching Stone and Mortar--Traditions Fading

STUDENT REFORM SCHOLARLY REPROOF

Alumni laden with thermos bottles and steamer rugs, return to Cambridge each year to find that dynamite and the steam-shovel have obliterated more and more memories, and that steel and stone have combined to cover them as completely as if they had never been. With the present ambitious and comprehensive building program of the University, surprises are plentiful for the graduates.

Foremost among the new sights of the University is the new plant of the Graduate School of Business Administration directly across North Harvard Street from the Stadium. Made possible by funds from the George Pierce Baker Foundation, the group, as yet unfinished, comprises dormitories, separate living units for instructors, a large library building, and administrative offices. Most of the students of the Business School are now living in the new buildings, two of which are at present also occupied by college undergraduates who were unsuccessful in obtaining rooms in dormitories across the river in Cambridge proper.

McKinlock Hall, the newest Freshman dormitory is finished, except for some parts of the interior, and completes the picturesque are of Freshman dormitory is finished, except for some parts of the interior, and completes the picturesque are of Freshman Halls along the Charles. With this Hall completed, some three-fourths of the entering class is accommodated in modern dormitories.

On Quincy Street is rising the new Fogg Art Museum still far from completed, which will house, beside a large number of collections, extensive facilities for art study, and all manner of laboratories for museum workers.

Wandering along Mount Auburn Street, the alumnus will pass through a devastated area of pits and pitfalls, of derricks and ditches. From Dunster Street to Holyoke Street, the block fronting on Mount Auburn Street has been removed, and building will start on new structures to be erected there in the near future. The Dunster Street corner will support a reincarnation of the defunct "Splendid" Restaurant, until last year situated in Harvard Square, while no announcement has been made regarding the remainder of the block.

Tradition is about to be violated on the opposite side of Holyoke Street, where Dunster House and the old Advocate House are to come down, sacrificed on the altar of the tutoring schools. The Manter Hall School, successor to "Widow" Nolen, is to build a new home on will return to the new building, while The Advocate and the Dramatic Club, or phans of the storm, have already moved to Didgely Annex, in the rear of Ridgely Hall.