SECONDS AND FRESHMEN BATTLE TO SCORELESS TIE

Neither Team Able to Get Within Scoring Distance -- Wetmore and Mason in Pass Combination

In their last game before the final test against the Yale Freshmen at New Haven next week, the Freshman gridiron warriors battled the University Seconds to a scoreless tie on the second team field yesterday. For 48 minutes the two evenly-matched teams struggled up and down the field, with neither able to pierce beyond the other's 30-yard line. Near the close of the second quarter, Coach Knox's men worked the pigskin to the Freshman 30-yard streak, and Winston tried a drop-kick that went low, was blocked by Stewart and recovered by Douglas. This was the only occasion on which either outfit penetrated far into its opponents' teritory. For the most part, the play was beween the 40-yard marks, with the defensive work of both teams stifling any offensive.

Garrison, left halfback for the Sec- onds, was the only ball-carrier who made headway against the strong 1930 forward wall, while Wetmore and Meson were constant threats to the Seconds. The forward passing of the combination was the only means by which the Freshmen could gain against their heavier foes.

The summary follows:

SECONDS  1930Geissler, Fondyce l.e.  r. e. Douglas BrownellSharf, Leach, l.t.  r.t. BarrettMorries, Savery l.g.  r.g. Ticknor, PetraschDorman, Kernan c.  c. Bigelow, McClellanClifford r.g.  l.g. Stewart, MovinsLevin r.t.  l.t. Storey, WatermanMorrill, Duchin r.e.  l.e.Fuller, LewisKelly, Winston, McGehee q.b.  q.b. Wetmore, SmithnostGarrison, Grant l.h.b.  r.h.b. Coolidge, HarperMoore, Page r.h.b.  l.h.b. MasonSchwenther f.b.  f.b. Holbroo