TIGER MAY CHANGE HIS SPOTS THIS AFTERNOON

SEASON'S RECORDS SHOW TEAMS EVENLY MATCHED

It has become a tradition of hallowed standing that a Nassau eleven invading the Stadium should come jerseyed in mystery. Players who discard crutches for cleats and clutch impossible passes, to fall across the goal line are no less permanent a part of the Princeton travelling equipment than the Tiger water bottles. Plays that have ruffled the grass only behind high board fences of New Jersey are all ready to be revealed to a crowded Stadium this afternoon. And of no other team is the truism so true that predictions based on previous scores are like houses built upon sands.

Crimson Has Tried Uncharted Seas

The uncertainty is, this year at least not entirely Orange and Black. For a young and untried coach has brought much of conjecture and enigma with him from the west to Cambridge. Under Horween the Crimson eleven has journeyed a more checkered road than for many seasons past. Two defeats began the season, Geneva affording Crimson followers the slight consolation that could be denied from its excellence, and Holy Cross allowing the Crimson stands at least three periods of exultation. William and Mary struck a faster, smoother, keener eleven than Boston newspaper writers had seen for several years. The grand Crimson climax came when French sprinted through the twilight to top the twelve points scored by a far from important Dartmouth team. Last week saw a 69 to 5 snowfall over Tufts, which may prove much or very little.

So with Harvard far from the expected. Princeton can have no monopoly on surprise this afternon. This is the fourth year in succession that the Tiger horde has swept into the concrete seats of the Stadium with the same record behind their team, three victories, one tie, and one defeat. The Crimson can match the three victories, but two defeats have been chaulked up against Captain Coady's team. On the otherhand, no Tiger backfield has galloped through opposing lines this year for monstrous scores. A bare three touchdowns separates the 68 points Princeton has amassed from the 47 points which her opponents have piled up.

Tiger Record Not Impressive

The very first game of the season did much to recast the optimism of returning Nassau students Amherst hell Captain Davis eleven to a 14 to 7 score, but it was not until a Washington and Lee eleven came out of the south to deadlock the Tiger that football prophets began to wonder. The Navy sank the Princeton bark, 27 to 13, a close victory over Lehigh and a four-touchdown verdict over the Quakers from Sophomore have been the only other engagements. By the time Palmer Stadium saw the naval antics of the midshipmen, the injuries and the gloom at Princeton were at their worst. Since that day three weeks ago, much has been happening in the New Jersey town, how much no one will know until this afternoon.

Harvard's 133 to 60 total in points scored, the solid certain rise in Crimson stock, the anxious thumbing in city rooms of old records of Brickley Mahan Hardwick, Casey and Owen for adjectives to apply to the Crimson backfield, all those are the reasons for the slight odds on the Crimson this morning. But "What Price Roper and Slagle?" is the question on the lips of Harvard coaches. These two have done things on New Haven turf and in Philadelphia City Council meetings, which smack of the unexpected. Three weeks Princeton has had to perfect those weeks Princeton has had to perfect those unbalanced lines and trick forwards that have belied an early season record before Students of zoology have known for some spots does not apply to tigers, and Crimson football followers may learn it this afternoon.