LOSERS BEAR SCARS OF TIGER JUGGERNAUT

Allege Dropkick Was Made on Fifth Down--If Confirmed by Officials, Score Changes

The Tiger jinx again followed a fighting Harvard football team on Saturday. The Crimson eleven, seldom emerging from its own territory, was completely stopped by a fast, hard line and in turn out-rushed and out-scored by the elusive Princeton backs. The game was marked by rough, aggressive play and the University squad left the field, weakened by the temporary loss at least of three of its best men, and defeated 12 to 0.

Guarnaccia Out For Time

Guarnaccia suffered a severe body injury, which will keep him out of the Brown game, and may put him on the injured list for the rest of the season. The time that it will take his injury to heal has not been definitely determined as yet, but it is hoped that he will be in condition for the Yale encounter. Captain Coady and French, whose play stood out in the Crimson line and backfield respectively, are also on the doctor's list but should be in uniform again by Thursday. Both were badly battered in the course of the game and French also received a severe blow on the head which finally forced his with drawl from action.

Although Princeton won decisively and clearly, whatever may be the outcome of the officials' decision, the final score of the game has not yet been settled. The Tigers put over a touchdown in the second period after Lawler had recovered Putnam's fumble of one of Slagle's kicks, and later on in the period added a safety when a pass to Coady kicking behind his own goal line went too high. This made the score 9 to 0 in favor of the Orange and Black, and this is the score which will probably be accepted as the correct one.

In the fourth quarter, however, after Princeton had failed to gain on four plays within the shadow of the Harvard goal posts, Slagle dropped back and booted a drop kick which gave Princeton the 12 points taken as the final score right after the game. All the charts of the game show that the kick was made on the fifth down. which would nullify it.

Slagle Leads Attack

The team Princeton brought to Cambridge Saturday to meet a favored Harvard eleven, rose to the heights characteristic of recent Tiger outfits in Harvard encounters. Slagle, who had been held in reserve during all of the early season games, upset all the pre-game dope by starting and playing until the final minutes of play. He led the Tiger attack with his passing and running and, although he seldom got away for long gains, was a constant threat and menace to Harvard peace of mind.

With the Crimson defensive power concentrated on stopping Slagle, Bridges and Prendergast demonstrated their worth by knifing through the line and twisting off tackle for consistent gains. The reputedly weak Princeton line opened up holes beautifully, which the speedy backs used to the greatest possible advantage. Coady, Gamache, and Sayles stood out in holding down this powerful Tiger attack.

The Crimson's prospect in the sea son's last two games is not so bright as it was several days ago, but on the other hand by no means so desperate as it was last year at this time. Brown, with a string of uninterrupted victories over some of the leading eastern teams, comes to the Stadium next Saturday a heavy favorite to avenge last year's defeat.

The summary follows:

HARVARD  PRINCETONMeadows l.e  r.e. Moeser, StinsonPratt l.t.  r.t. RosengarienSimonds, Stewart l.g.  r.g. BaldwinGamache, Bell c.  c. Howe, BartelKilgour, Goodwin r.g.  l.g. DavisCoady, Lindner r.t.  l.t. DarbyStrong, Saltonstall r.e.  l.e. LawlorPutnam, Stafford q.b.  q.b. CaulkinsGuarnaccia, French, Clark l.h.b.  r.h.b. SlagleSayles, Zarakov r.h.b.  l.h.b. Bridges, Prendergast, WilliamsMiller f.b.  f.b. Mile