Turkey Supplants Ibis in Week-End Gaiety--Lampy's Steward Doubts Proverb About Superiority of a Bird in the Hand

Not content with the Ibis bird, the Lampoon collected a menagerie for the week-end festivities incidental to their first barn dance. A turkey and a pig, were the guests of honor at the grand affair, thus breaking the ancient traditions, which admitted within the sacred precincts only humans, editors, and the Ibis himself.

It was Miss Gobbler's coming-out party. Accompanied by Hiram F. Mills of Norwell, she took her place in the receiving line wearing one of fashion's most startling creations.

The pig found himself in congenial company, and enjoyed life immensely, until he too vanished into temporary oblivion. Soon everyone else adjourned for dinner.

Here comes a pause in the story, which seems difficult to explain. For it has since become known that the Lampoon dined on some sort of combination between roast pig and truffled turkey. The original menagerie, however, were obviously alive this morning; especially to the ears of any who may be unfortunate enough to reside in that section of the Gold Coast Bob Lampoon, when interviewed at a late hour last night, declared that a bird in the hand was not always worth two in the bush. There might be some clue there.