CHRISTMAS CAROLS WILL BE SUNG IN APPLETON SERVICE

Davison to Lead Augmented Choir in Annual Exercises

The annual Christmas Carol services at the University will be held this year in Appleton Chapel on Tuesday at 4.30 o'clock in the afternoon, and in the evening at 8.15 o'clock. These services are open to the public. On Monday evening at 8.15 o'clock there will be a special service open only to members of the University and Radcliffe.

Professor A. T. Davison '06, Organist and Choirmaster, will lead a large body of singers composed of the regular Appleton Chapel Choir, augmented by 22 members of the University Glee Club. This is the first time since 1910 that these Carol services will be sung by male voices alone. The Radcliffe Choral Soviety will not take part, due to the fact that its members are at present busy with the preparation of Beethoven's Mass, which is to be given in the spring.

The program for these services will be as follows: Organ Prelude: a Prelude in G major  Bach b Pastoral Symphony from The Messiah  Handel Choral: "O my Deir Hert"  Bach Carol: "Christmas Song"  Holst Carol: "When He was born"  Neapolitan Melody Carol: "The First Noel"  Traditional Carol: "Bring a Torah Jeanette, Isabella"  French Melody Carol: "Christ Is Born of Maiden Fair"  Gauntlett Congregational Hymn: "Adeste Fideles"  Reading Carol: "Le Miracle de St. Nicolas"  Lorraine Melody Carol: "Les Anges dans Nes Campagnes"  Old French Melody Chorus: "How Beautiful are the Feet" from The Messiah  Handel Organ Postlude: Halleujah Chorus, from The Messiah  Handel