First Edition of Bunyan's "A Book for Boys and Girls" Given to University by Anonymous Donor--One Other Copy Extant

From a half crown sack of books in the hands of a London lurk dealer to a place of honor" in the Bunvan collection at the Widernor Library is the journey destined to be taken by a forty-four page first edition of John Bunyan's "A book for Boys and Girls"

Miss Miller, a pastoffice employee in Hemel Hempstead, discovered the volume which was printed in 1688, in a bag of books bought for about 60 cents by her mother. Auctioned off to a London bookdealer the treasure incognito brought the discoverers 2100 pounds.

Now the back is to be given to the University by the same graduate who last year presented the Treasure Room with a first edition of Milton's "Comus" and a second edition of Brown's "Essays", who prefers to remain unknown.

Mr. George Parker Winship '93, who is in charge of the Treasure Room Plans to have a Bunyan exhibition early in January to welcome this latest addition in the collection. The only other known copy of this book in the world, is in the London Museum and was bought for less than $500.

"A book for Boys and Girl's is give in memory of Lionel de Jersey, Harvard 15, who was killed in action at Boisleuxan Mont, France, on March 30 1918. Harvard was a discendent of the brother of John Harvard and a native Englishman. The graduate who gave this volume was a classmate of Lionel de Jersey Harvard.