FRESHMEN TO SING TOGETHER IN PREPARATION FOR JUBILEE

New Practice Method Planned by Davison for 1930

The Freshman Jubilee, next June, will be featured by an entirely new arrangement of the hall choruses, according to Dr. A. T. Davison '06, director of the Harvard Glee Club, Heretofore the halls, have each had their respective choruses. which practiced once a week during the three months before the Jubilee. As enthusiasm for these choruses has been decreasing each year, they have not been well attended of late.

Dr. Davison's plan is that all the Freshmen should gather together and sing in a body. The glee club director believes that there are many college songs, which they are good are not sung by the students. He states that the singing of these songs, and other good musical pieces, will both be interesting, and open a new field for the Freshmen. He also pointed out that these combined meetings of the Freshmen would be the ideal place to teach the new college songs.

Later on during the year, the large group of Freshmen will be divided according to their dormitories, and they will practice in these groups for their final competition Dr. Davison also plans that each dormitory shall have an orchestra to accompany the singing. A cup goes to the hall with the winning chorus at the Jubilee, and a baton is the prize for its leader.

Ernest Kitson, formerly singing director at Kent School, will assist Dr. Davison in directing these choruses.