P. B. H. DELEGATIONS ACTIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS CHURCHES

Students in Various Activities Visit Small Towns

Among the many activities of the Phillips Brooks House Association, the Harvard Deputation Teams have perhaps had a more benificent influence in small Massachusetts towns than any; other Harvard activity.

In describing the work of the Phillips Brooks House Deputations, J. L. Beauohamp '28 said:

"The Deputation Teams are small groups of three or four men each, organized by a student committee under the general supervision of the Phillips Brooks House, who make week-end trips to small town churches with a view to stimulating among the boys an interest in higher education, all-round development, and Christian living. Men are chosen, who have taken interest in some one field studies, religious work, athletics, or some other similar activity. An attempt is made to place on each team men who complement each other in their talents; some make speeches, others play musical instruments, and some devote their time to personal work. The program although in each case adapted to particular circumstances, generally aims to include "Father and Son" banquets, speeches, hikes and informal meetings."

This fall the Deputations Committee, headed by J. L. Beauchamp Jr. '28, has sent out six teams, containing a total of 20 men. Seven towns have been visited during the past two months: East Bridge-water, Concord, Lincoln, Methuen, North Attleboro, Saugus, and Burlington. In view of the increasing demand throughout the state, a large number of men will go on these trips during the winter and spring.

The committee consists of: J. L. Beauohamp '28, Chairman; Lee McFurnan '28, A. O. Fordyce '28, J.B. Fyffe '29, Gordon Huggins '29, and Abbott Peterson '30.