FUTURE TEACHERS AIDED BY APPOINTMENT OFFICE

Seniors Meaning to Take Educational Work Should Apply--239 Calls for Teachers Received Last Year

During the academic year 1925-26 the University Appointment Office received 190 calls for teachers from Headmasters of private schools and 49 from Superintendents of public schools, and placed a number of teachers in both of these kinds of schools. Therefore the circulars and letters issued from the University Appointment Office have especially called the attention of all Seniors to the work of the Appointment Office.

The University Appointment Office, directed by the Dean of the Faculty and by the Chairman of the Divisions and Departments, or their representatives, recommends men for teaching, administrative work, research, social service, or any occupation of an educational nature.

Seniors who have not made their plans for the first year after leaving college, men who have any athletic ability or interests, and scholarship enough to warrant them in undertaking to teach others, should consult the Appointment Office. Headmasters of boarding schools are often ready to consider inexperienced teachers. Salaries at these schools range from $1000 to $1500 in the first year, besides all living expenses. Boarding schools are in need of men who can guide boys, and may employ such men even though they plan to teach for only a year or two. These young teachers are able to save a large part of their salaries.

All seniors who are in a position to discuss opportunities for teaching should call at the Appointment Office. The regular office hours are from 10 to 12 o'clock and from 2 to 4 o'clock.