BASKETBALL TEAM GIVES ANNUAL RULES EXHIBIT

COACH WACHTER DISCUSSES THE PRINCETON HUDDLE

Before a record crowd in the Hemenway Gymnasium at 8 o'clock last night, a basketball game was played under the auspices of the National Committee of Approved Basketball Officials by two equally matched teams picked from the members of the University squad. The purpose of the contest was to provide a demonstration of new rulings recently adopted by the National Committee after the termination of last year's season. The officials in charge of the game were G. White, president of the organization, and James Parker, vice president. The more important changes are as follows:

Referees Must Withhold Whistle

If an injury takes place while the ball is in play, the officials are to withhold their whistle until the play is completed. The purpose of this change is to prevent the officials from killing a play because of an apparent injury which often has no effect upon the play itself.

The center is no longer required to stand with his feet entirely inside the circle but each foot is in a legal position if any part of it touches the arc or is inside the arc.

Time cut shall not be granted for a substitution, or at the request of a captain after the ball is in position for one or more free throws.

Numerous changes in wording have been made in many other parts of the rules but the intent of such parts is not altered.

Between the halves Coach Wachter gaye a brief talk on the huddle system, which is being used this season at Princeton.