BAUER TO ASSIST GLEE CLUB IN FIRST CONCERT

UNIVERSITY SINGERS WILL OFFER VARIED PROGRAM

On Thursday evening at 8.15 o'clock, the Harvard Glee Club, assisted by Harold Bauer, piano soloist, will give its initial concert of the year in Symphony Hall.

Mr. Bauer is a very well-known pianist who founded in New York six years ago the famous and unique Beethoven Society, the purpose of which is for the members to assemble at stated intervals to play and sing together for their own pleasure and the accruing artistic benefits. The membership includes such distinguished artists as McCormack, Kieisler, Heifetz and Rachmaninoff. Mr. Baner assisted the Club in a concert in New York last April during the Spring trip.

Dr. A. T. Davison '06, leader of the Glee Cub, returned late last spring from a trip abroad taken during his sabbatfcal year, and will again take the baton.

The program, a particularly variea one, contains some especially fine selections, of which the most noteworthy is two Choruses and Ballet from Gluck's "Orpheus".

The complete evening's repertories follows: 1. Darest Thou Now, Oh Soul Williams Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring Bach Flute Obbligato by Mr. George Laurent O, Vos Omnes  Vittoria The Harvard Glee Club 2. Suite in A minor  Bach Prelude Sarabande Bourree I and II Gigue Sonara quasi una fantasia, Op. 27. No.2.  Beethoven Adagio Allegretto Presto Mr. Bauer 3. Hark All Ve Lovely Saints Weelkes Two Choruses and Ballet from "Orpheas"  Gluck Flute Obbligato by Mr. Laurent Give a Rouse  Bantock The Ride  Mabel W. Danie's The Harvard Glee Club 4. Novelette in D major  Schumann On line  Ravel Scherzo in B flat minor  Chopin Mr. Bauer 5. Soterade  Boredine Zut! Zut! Zut!  Flgar Finale from "Die Meistersinger"  Waguer The Harvard Glee Club