CRIMSON SECONDS TIE HARVARD CLUB IN RACE

Class B. Squash Title Race Nears Final Stage with Newton Center Ahead--1929 Wins Five Matches

Blanking the Weston Club with five straight victories on the University Courts last Saturday afternoon the Crimson seconds pulled up on equal terms with the second place Harvard Club quintet in the final drive for the Class B title in the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association's inter club series. The University raquet men are now within two games of the flying Newton Center leaders who continued to pace the field with a clean sweep over the Milton five. The Harvard Club relinquished its claim to undisputed possession of the second berth by dropping one of its five matches to the Lincoln's Inn Society.

Freshmen Whitewash Weston

The Weston squad suffered its second reverse of the day when the University first-year squash team swept to a five match win on the University Courts Saturday afternoon. By their victory the Freshmen players went into a triple tie for third place in the class C league along with Newton Center and the Union Boat Club. The Harvard Club is now leading the third place teams in this group by eight games.

The draw for the state individual championship tournament which will start this week under the auspices of the Union Boat Club, was made Saturday and R. S. Wright '26, and Captain G. D. Debevoise '26, numbers one and two on the Championship University squad, were placed among the four seeded players M. P. Baker '22, present state titlist, and Ralph Powers, Canadian champion, are the other two favored performers. The fourth round of the tournament must be played by February 11.