RACQUET SQUAD ADVANCES IN CLASS B STATE TOURNAMENT

Rawlins and Wright to Dash Soon in Decisive Match

Four members of the championship second University squash team and the leader of the Freshman Court squad advanced through the early rounds of the Massachusetts State Individual tournament in the class B division, last week without mishap. G. H. Perkins '26, manager of the University squad and number three player on the second team was the first of the Crimson entrees to meet defeat. J. L. Pool '28, number one man on the second Crimson racquet team met with no serious opposition, and H. B. Jackson '27, P. R. Pease '26, and E. D. Pratt '27 experienced no difficulty in surviving the opening rounds. The play is expected to reach the semi-finals by the first of next week.

In the University tournament, Captain-elect H. N. Rawlins '27 and R. S. Wright '26, runner up in the State tourney have yet to clash in the semi-final match of the upper bracket which will virtually decide the championship. L. S. Haskins '26 has won his way to the other final birth but is conceded little chance of downing either Wright or Rawlins. The newly seated Crimson leader for next year has reached the peak of his game and is anxious to annex his second squash crown of the year Rawlins now holds the College title.