TEAM B DEFEATS NEWTON AND TAKES LEAGUE LEAD

DUBOIS BEATS FULLER FOR LAW SCHOOL TITLE

The second University squash team flashed into the lead of the race for the Class B title of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association, when the first place Newton five bowed to the Crimson court men in four out of the five matches played on the University Courts last Tuesday. The two teams were scheduled to meet next Saturday but by common consent the matches were moved ahead. The second University team now leads the losers by one game and are four games ahead of the third place Harvard Club team which has played one less match than have the two leaders.

Crimson Hits Top Form

In ousting the Newton racquet wielders from the top berth, the Crimson five displayed the best form that it has shown this season. J. L. Pool '28 and H. B. Jackson '27, the first two players in the second team line-up played brilliant squash to win decisively and without the loss of a single game. In the fourth match P. R. Pease '26 after dropping the second and third game of his match with Goddard, came back strongly to capture the last two games and the contest. Manager G. H. Perkins '26 was forced to an extra game by his opponent when he dropped five consecutive points in the third game with the score tied at 13 all.

Race is Still Close for Crown

The final match on the Crimson schedule will be played Saturday, February 13, with the Union Boat Club squad. If the second team players are able to make a clean sweep in their last meeting they will be certain of the crown in the Class B division. The Harvard Club five which was in a tie for second place with the Crimson squad previous to last Tuesday's match, will probably be in the leading position after its next match. The University graduates are slated to win all five matches when they meet the Weston Club next Saturday, which will land them in first place by one game. In their last match of the season the Harvard Club racquet swingers will clash with the strong Newton Club players while the Crimson court team will face weaker opposition in the Union Boat Club contest.

In the final round of the Law School tournament G. D. Dubois 21, yesterday overcame C. P. G. Fuller 31, in straight games, 15-10, 16-11, 15-12.