HARVARD MEN ADVANCE IN STATE TITLE TILTS

Debevoise, Wright, and Rawlins Score Wins--Team B Is Idle as League Lead Is at Stake

The first three players on the championship University squash team advanced through the early rounds of the Massachusetts State tournament last week with decisive wins and will enter the third and fourth rounds next week. Captain G. D. Debevoise '26, who drew a bye in the first round, defeated W. S. Howe Jr. of the Union Boat Club yesterday afternoon, three games to one on the courts of the loser.

R. S. Wright '26, number one on the Crimson squad was forced to five games in winning his first match from H. C. Grafton of the Union Boat Club last Thursday and will meet Arthur Cross of the Weston Club next Monday. The first member of the University quintet to take part in the competition for the state title was H. N. Rawlins '27, number three on the Crimson squad, who advanced the first two rounds of the tournament with easy wins. He will clash with G. N. Hued of the Milton Club in his next match.

The Second University team which is now leading the clubs in the class B title race by one game will rest today after having triumphed over the Newton Club earlier in the week. With the third place Harvard Club five almost certain of taking five matches from the Weston court men today the Crimson seconds may find themselves trailing the University graduates by one game after this match. Next Saturday the deciding matches of the season will be played when the University second squad meets the Union Boat Club racquet team and the Harvard Club clashes with the Newton five.

Several members of the University and second teams will travel to Providence today where they will play an informal match with the Agawam Club, which is composed largely of University Graduates.