BROWN CLOSES HEMENWAY BASKETBALL SEASON

MALICK, INJURED, REPLACED BY COOMBS AT GUARD

After hitting the top of their schedule last week in a close win over the Eli quintet at New Haven, the University basket tossers are faced with the task of maintaining their stride against the Brown five in Hemenway Gymnasium at 8 o'clock tonight. The Providence court squad will be the last opposition of the season at the University and the last game before the final contest at Worcester Polytechnic next week.

Captain Smith will lead his team into action tonight without the services of Malick, veteran guard, it was announced definitely last night. The Crimson guard is out for the remainder of the season with a badly injured finger and his place will be filled by Coombs in the opening lineup against the bears tonight. Coach Wachter has also decided to start Jones at forward in his first five tonight in place of Leekley, who is over trained and will be given a short rest. Smith, the diminutive Crimson leader, will start the game in better shape than he has been in the last three weeks. The heavy scoring forward has fully recovered from the ankle injury which he received in the Williams game.

The team from Brown will arrive in Cambridge this morning with a dangerous reputation. The invaders have lost four games this season and have won six. The Colgate five which downed the Crimson quintet by a ten point margin, triumphed over the Bears on the following night with only one point to spare.