THREE CRIMSON PLAYERS STAR IN STATE TOURNEY

H. B. Jackson '27, R. L. Debevoise '29, P. R. Pease '26 Enter Third Round

Two members of the championship University Class B squash team and the captain of the Freshman racquet squad have won their way through the third round of the Massachusetts state individual tournament in the Class B division. E. D. Pratt '27, number five on the Crimson second court team was forced to default yesterday afternoon. The third round must be completed by March 6, it was announced yesterday by the officials of the Harvard Club, under whose auspices the tourney is being held.

H. B. Jackson '27, number two player for the Class B five, is one of the favorites to capture the crown following the lass suffered by J. L. Pool '28, the Crimson lead-off man in the first round. Jackson won his way into the third round with a victory over E. E. O'Neil of the Harvard Club. The second member of the Crimson contingent to reach the third round was R. L. Debevoise '29, leader of the 1929 racquet swingers, who downed Carl Pfaffman of the Neighborhood Club of Boston, last Saturday. P. R. Pease '26, who played in the fourth position for the University seconds during their victorious season went into the third round with a well earned triumph over R. T. Youngman of the Union Boat Club last week.

The long delayed match between R. S. Wright '26 and H. N. Rawlins '27, the bright lights of the national title holding University team, in the semifinals of the University tournament has been indefinitely postponed, it was announced yesterday. Rawlins, present holder of the College Championship, is suffering from an infected finger and will not be able to play for a week at the last. The Crimson captain-elect may find it necessary to default to the University number one player.