COLLIER BRINGS OTTO GROW TO UNION SPEECH

FOLLOWING WEDNESDAY TO SEE FILMS OF WESTERN LIFE

Franklin P. Collier will speak at the Union on Wednesday evening. His subject will be "The Trials of a Cartoonist's Life," and the talk will be illustrated by drawings of Otto Grow, his customary vehicle of satire, and by sketches of members of the audience who will be asked to volunteer for this purpose. Mr. Collier spoke at the Union last year. At the end of his lecture, there was a rush for the drawings which Mr. Collier had dropped on the floor.

Otto Grow has become famous all over New England for his comments on current affairs and prominent men. The many members of his family shine in reflected glory and serve all of Mr. Collier's ends in his daily cartoons in the Boston American.

Similar to Meeting of Last Year

The Union management has also announced a "Vacation Night" for Wednesday, March 31. It is the last of a series of meetings which the Union has been giving during the winter. The previous meetings of this kind have been devoted to football, track, crew and tennis. The new meeting will be like that of last year, which was devoted to the Southwest, when pictures were shown of Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon. The purpose of the pictures to be shown on the 31st is to give members of the Union information on possibilities of summer vacations in the West.

Films will be shown of trout fishing in Glacier Park, climbing Mount Ranier, and of the wild life of Yellowstone Park. Dean Lobdell of M. I. T. has said that they are the most beautiful pictures of wild country that he has ever seen. In addition there will be a Barold Lloyd comedy entitled "Never Weaken", and the whole performance will be supplemented by music.