TRACK TEAM TO HIT CINDERS ON MONDAY

Thirty Men Slated to Make Spring Trip to Virginia--To Be Entertained by William and Mary

Next Monday has been announced by Coach Farrell as the opening day of the outdoor track season. All the runners and field men of both University and Freshman squads will get out on the cinders at that time. Since the spring track season is distinct from the winter season, any one in the College, whether he ran during the winter or not, is urged to come out. Coach Farrell especially wants a large number of Freshmen, who with four years ahead of them will have ample time to develop even if they have no previous experience to support their present aspirations.

Hurdlers Already Out

For the last two weeks the University and Freshmen weight throwers have been working out daily under the direction of Coach Jakko Mikkola, behind the Soldiers' Field Locker Building. A few hurdlers have also been practicing since the close of the winter season, but none of the jumpers or runners have yet been out. Although the track has been in fairly good condition for several days, Coach Farrell decided not to call the men out until the weather should be warmer and the chance of early season colds and strains not so great.

The schedule for the southern trip, which is to take place during the Spring vacation, was also announced by S. DeJ. Osborne '26, manager of the team, last night. On Sunday, April 18, at 1 o'clock the team, coaches, and managers will entrain from Boston for Williamsburg, Virginia. A dinner was planned originally by the Harvard Club of Philadelphia for the team on Sunday night, but since this has been cancelled, a through trip to Williamsburg has been decided on. The entire vacation will be spent in Williamsburg, where the team will stay at a hotel and eat at the William and Mary College Commons. The team will also practice twice a day on the William and Mary track, and with the William and Mary athletes, who are anxious to have the benefits of Coach Farrell's training.

Trips to Jamestown Planned

During the stay in Williamsburg one or two trips to Jamestown and other near-by points of historical interest, as well as several parties have been arranged. Thirty men in all are to make the trip, 25 athletes, Coaches Farrell, Mikkola, and Donovan, and Manager Osborne and Assistant Manager Gleason.

With the I.C.A.A.A.A. indoor meet in New York on March 6, the University track team brought to a close its must successful indoor season in recent years. The victory in the triangular meet with Dartmouth and Cornell, and the triumph over all the teams of the east in the intercollegiates were the high spots in the team's winter record.

Prospects in the running events, on the strength of this and last year's performances, are particularly bright. With Captain Tibbetts, Watters Haggerty, and Lutfman in the long runs, Kane and O'Neil, last year's Freshman captain, in the middle distance events, and Miller and Purns in the sprints, the University ought to be able to make a strong bid for the premier running honors of the east. The all around success of the team seems to rest largely with the field men who have not been so well tested yet and are thus more of an unknown Quantity. Jores in the high and broad jumps and Pratt in the weight events have both shown considerable promise.