INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS TO VISIT NEW YORK

Is Final Trip of Season--Program Will Include Usual Selections and Varied Specialty Acts

On Friday April 9 the Instrumental Clubs will leave Boston on their last trip of the season, it was announced yesterday by the manager of the clubs. On that day the 55 men who are to take the trip will leave for Fall River where they will give a concert in the evening. From Fall River the Clubs are going to New York where they will play at Aeolian Hall Saturday night.

Before the concert in New York there will be an informal reception for the Clubs at 6 o'clock at the Harvard Club. After the performance, there will be a dance in the Club Room of the Town Hall, for which music will be provided by the Gold Coast Orchestra.

Toured Atlantic Coast

The Instrumental Clubs have travelled about 7500 miles on concert trips during the past year. They have given concerts at many points up and down the Atlantic Coast, as well as at the principal cities further inland such as Philadelphia, Washington, Pinehurst and White Sulphur Springs. The most southerly point reached was Charlotte, N. C.

The program for the coming concerts is basically the same as that which the clubs have given on their previous trips. The opening number will be as usual rendered by the Banjo Club, and will be a march, the well-known "Officer of the Day" selection arranged by W. N. Rice.

The Vocal Club will appear in the second number, rendering the traditional Harvard pieces such as "Schneider's Band," "Johnny Harvard" and "Up the Street" and a number of the old college songs, which, while not of the highest musical calibre have a certain definite appeal. In addition the Vocal Club will sing other numbers of a more diverse character.

The Mandolin Club, unique in being the sole organization of its kind in the country to use only wooden instruments, will play more orchestral music such as the Pizzicati of Delibes and Oanzone Amorosa by Nevin.

The Gold Coast Orchestra will play a number of selections such as "Sweet and Low" and "Chinese Lullaby" which have been arranged particularly for this branch of the Instrumental Clubs by J. W. Greene '28.