SILVER BAY CONFERENCE SHIFTED TO NORTHFIELD

MIDDLE ATLANTIC DELEGATES GO TO EAGLESMERE

The annual Student Conference which has been held for the last few years at Silver Bay, N. Y., has been changed this year to Northfield, Mass.

This change in the former arrangements came as a result of a referendum recently sent to all the leading colleges of the east. It was further decided to break the conference up into two groups, one, composed of colleges from the Middle Atlantic States to meet in Eaglesmere, Pa., and the other, of the New England colleges, in the Northfield. The Eaglesmere conference will begin five days earlier than the Northfield gathering on account of the earlier examinations in the Middle Atlantic colleges.

Opens June 16

As usual both conferences are to be held in the early part of the summer, that in New England beginning on June 16 and lasting until June 23. These dates have been confirmed by the various institutions concerned and have been fixed as final.

There were two important reasons which led to the split, and consequent shift to Northfield of the conference this year. The first was the fact that Silver Bay is not conveniently located for New England students. The short distance from Cambridge to Northfield is in fact expected to increase considerably the size of this summer's Harvard delegation. The second reason is that Northfield was the original site of these conferences, and thus has a close connection with them. Before Silver Bay was picked in 1920, there was an uninterrupted succession of 24 annual student gatherings at Northfield.

A Harvard secretary and committee will be appointed during the coming week, who will take charge of forming and conducting the Harvard delegation. The schedule for the conference week, which usually includes speeches and athletic contests, as well as the speakers, has not been definitely decided upon.