FRESHMAN FIVE FLOORS ST. JOHN'S COURT TEAM

WIN MAKES EIGHT VICTORIES FOR FRESHMEN IN NINE STARTS

A fast Freshman quintet took the measure of the highly-touted St. John's Preparatory School court team yesterday afternoon at the Freshman gymnasium by the score of 36 to 17. The game was listless throughout and showed little display of team work. It appeared at times to be merely an exhibition of individual playing, but occasionally a flash of team play was shown.

Score Heavily at Start

During the first period, the Freshmen swamped their schoolboy opponents under an avalanche of field goals. The period ended with the score 24 to 3 in their favor.

The second period, however, was altogether a different story. The preparatory players were finding the basket, and showed none of the loose playing which they had exhibited in the first half. In this period, St. John's held the Freshmen to even honors in scoring. Captain Burns and Bailey shared individual scoring honors with five field goals and two foul goals each.

Freshmen Face Only Two Games

This game marks the close of the 1929 home schedule, and is its eighth victory in nine starts. The Freshmen will play the M. I. T. 1929 at M. I. T. on Saturday, and on the following Saturday will meet the strong yearling quintet from Yale. This game should be a close contest, for both teams have brilliant records.

The summary: HARVARD 1929  ST. JOHN'S O'Connell r.f.  l.g. Gierney, Fitzgerald Bailey, Mahoney l.f.  r.g. Lenane Thackaberry, Filoon c.  c. Fitzgerald, Welsh Robinson, Jaffe r.g.  l.f. Clancy, Hebert Burns, Ketchum l.g.  r.f. O'Connor, Harrison

Score--Harvard 1929 36, St. John's 17. Goals from floor Burns 5, Bailey 5, O'Connell 3, Thackaberry, Filoon, Lenane 2, Welsh 2, Claney, O'Connor, Goals from fouls Burns 2, Bailey 2, Thackaberry, Robinson, O'Connor 3, Welsh, Fitzgerald, Referee--Cragen, Time of halves 20 minutes.