Big Three Raise Price For Next Year's Football Tickets

Agreement Specifically States That Increased Receipts Shall Not Be Spent on Teams

The general price of tickets for the three Harvard, Yale, and Princeton football games will be raised to five dollars, beginning next fall, according to a joint decision of the Athletic Committees of the three colleges made public yesterday at the H. A. A. Undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty members will, however, be able to purchase single tickets for two dollars each.

The funds derived from this increase, estimated at the H. A. A. as roughly $85,000 yearly, will be used exclusively for general athletic facilities in pursuance of the "athletics for all" policy. The agreement states specifically that not a penny of the added revenue will go toward the maintenance of intercollegiate athletic teams.

The statement in full follows:

The respective Athletic Committees and Boards of Harvard, Yale and Princeton, after careful study of their general athletic facilities, needs and resources have unanimously reached the following conclusions:

Coaching Salaries Still Limited

(1) That adequate maintenance and development of proper facilities for general student participation in athletic sports, require a substantially increased annual revenue. The decreased purchasing power of the dollar has inevitably increased operating expenses of every sort until the choice new rests between abandonment or radical curtailment of the policy of "athletics for all" and increased revenue for its proper support.

(2) That the proposed Increases in annual revenue shall be applied solely to maintenance and development of general athletic facilities and not to increasing the budgets of intercollegiate athletic teams. The existing agreements limiting total budgets for coaching and individual salaries shall be maintained.

Provide For College Community

(3) That, in view of the primary and paramount financial requirements of the respective universities for general educational endowment, increased annual revenue for athletic purposes should be secured through sources of direct athletic revenue, and that accordingly the price of football tickets shall be advanced as mutually agreed. There will be, however, specific provision for the University community (faculty, student, and administrative bodies) through season and individual game tickets at substantially reduced prices.

(4) That the general price of single tickets for the three Harvard, Yale, and Princeton football games shall be five dollars, and that the price of single tickets for members of the University community shall be two dollars. It is agreed that each University community shall determine the details governing the University community applications, with reference both to season book and other ticket privileges, in substantial accord with the general understanding.

The respective Committees, Boards, and representatives concerned unite in this statement of their mutual agreement and of the circumstances that have led to its unanimous adoption.