MITCHELL PICKS SQUAD TO GO SOUTH

Freshmen to Meet an Unheralded Nine From Huntington This Afternoon--Whitmore Probably on Mound

With only the Wesleyan game tomorrow remaining before the University baseball team embarks for the south Sunday, Coach Mitchell yesterday announced the names of those men who will leave Sunday to represent the Crimson on foreign diamonds.

While the University team is having its final work-out prior to the vacation, the Freshmen will encounter the Huntington School nine on the 1929 diamond.

No changes are expected in the lineup of the first-year men, and the same team that defeated Wentworth in the opener will probably tilt against the Boston schoolboys. Whitmore, who was so effective in the 1929 curtain raiser, will probably draw the mound assignment from Coach Davidson. The game is scheduled for 3.30 o'clock.

Twenty-four men compose the squad that is journeying south on Sunday. Of these, seven are hurlers, four are catchers, eight are infielders, and five are outfielders.

The new uniforms arrived yesterday, and contrary to a previous announcement, do not consist of red blazers. They are long jackets of the same light material as the playing shirts, and are trimmed with a crimson braid. Besides the name Harvard emblazoned on the shirt fronts, the nine will wear an "H" inclosed within a diamond on their right arm.

Yesterday's practice was cut short because of the cold wind that was sweeping across the Soldiers Field playing field. Coach Mitchell declared himself satisfied with the squad's condition, and with a week of fine weather in the south, he hopes to have his lineup definitely arranged and in good shape for the hard games scheduled during May and June.

On the vacation jaunt, the nine will remain in Annapolis until Friday, April 23, playing one game during that time with the Navy on April 21. On the twenty-third, the squad will journey to Washington, where on the following day, Catholic University will be encountered.

The following are scheduled to make the trip:

Pitchers: Barbee, Booth, Cutts, Ellis, Moseley, Nash, Puffer.

Catchers: Chauncey, Donaldson, Duchin, DeRham.

Infielders: Chase, Dacey, Lord, Slayton, Sullivan, Tobin, Ullman, Zarakov.

Outfielders: Amsden, Burns, Ellison, Jones, Todd.