Harvard Club of Boston Reports Increase of Activity and Scope--Squash Courts Busy, Scholarships Awarded

That the scope and activities of the Harvard Club of Boston have been on the increase during the past year was brought out in the recent report of T. S. Ross '12, Secretary of the Club.

The report in part follows: "The completion of the new squash courts last year gave our club the largest squash department of any club in this country. It is intended to furnish our members the best facilities for playing squash. We propose to maintain a highly efficient staff of attendants, headed by a thoroughly competent professional. Invitations to use the courts during the least crowded hours will presently be extended to members' sons who are not yet old enough to be eligible to membership. During the year 18,904 games of squash were played, which is probably the largest number recorded by any club in the world.

"Every Wednesday night during the winter term lectures, including several travel talks were held in Harvard Hall. These together with a number of motion picture shows have continued to draw large crowds every week. Addresses on science and art, which we had arranged, for two Friday evenings each month again proved popular.

"The scope of the scholarship Committee was even wider than in the past, 82 applications for financial aid were received. After a careful investigation the six scholarships of the Club were awarded as follows to men who are now Freshmen in Harvard: W. C. Goodwin, of Marblehead High, David Guarnaccia, of Wakefield High, Willis G. Hazard, of Roxbury Latin, John F. Ryan, of Beverly High, Marshall Schalk, of Boston Latin, and L. R. Henrich, of Newton High.