CURRENT EVENTS EXAM ON APRIL 16

Professors Hart and Tatlock to be Judges With Unnamed Journalist--Method of Presentation to Count

The Harvard examination in the New York Times Current Events Prize Contest will be held in Widener N at 3 o'clock on Friday, April 16. This announcement was made last night by Professor C. N. Holcombe, who is the representative of the University on the national committee, and who is in charge of the local contest. The winner of this examination receives a prize of $250 with a gold medal and becomes the Harvard entrant in the final competition for the intercollegiate prize.

Date Left To Choice of College

According to the terms of the contest, which were announced in the CRIMSON of March 30, the general examination is to be held simultaneously in the several colleges on May 15. These terms stipulated that each college should choose its own date and method of preliminary examination.

The system which will be used at the University is as follows: Each competitor is to write for not more than two hours on one or two topics which are to be chosen by himself from a list of ten or 12 suggested by the events of the period beginning October 1, 1925, which will be indicated on the examination. The method of presentation as well as a knowledge of facts will be considered in determining the winner. If the judges are unable to pick a winner on the basis of the written examination alone, they reserve the right to require the leading competitors to submit themselves to a further oral examination.

Open to All Undergraduates

The examination is open to all resident students of Harvard College who are pursuing a regular course of study and have not completed four years of work in a college or institution of equivalent grade. Those who wish to take part in the competition should notify Professor Holcombe, in Widener 774, on or before April 15.

The judges wil be Professor Albert Bushnell Hart '80, Elton Professor of the Science of Government; Professor John Strong Perry Tatlock '96, Professor of English and a prominent Boston journalist whose name has not been announced as yet.

The winner of the intercollegiate contest will receive a prize of $500 and a gold medal. The other colleges entered are Yale, Princeton, Annapolis, West Point, Columbia, University of Michigan, University of Chicago, University of Virginia, University of Pennsylvania, and Cornell