PRINCE AND MURRAY ADDED TO FACULTY

Former Crew Captain and War Veteran to Study Cases--Students' Nervous Problems to Receive Attention

A new development in the department of Philosophy and Psychology was made known last night with the announcement that Dr. Morton Prince '75 has just been appointed Associate Professor of Abnormal and Dynamic Psychology, and that H. Q. Murray '15 has been made a Research Fellow in the same field.

Dr. Prince has been appointed for a period of one year, and will give regular lectures beginning next September. Dr. Murray is coming here at first for research work which he will carry on in the field of nervous psychology next year. His work will consist chiefly in investigating derangements of personality and the less important nervous weaknesses which people commonly suffer from. Although it is known that he will not limit his investigations to students, it is very likely that much of his work will be on cases which he finds among students of the University. He will give no regular lectures until after next year, during which time Dr. Prince will take care of the instruction side of the new move.

Dr. Prince Nerve Specialist

Dr. Prince has long been known as one of Boston's leading physicians. He was graduated from the Harvard Medical School in 1879, and has been engaged in the practice of medicine in Boston since that time. He has specialized in nervous diseases and nervous psychology, having been the physician for nervous diseases at the Boston City Hospital for a period of 30 years, a lecturer on abnormal psychology at the University of California during the year 1910, and the author of several works on the nervous system and its psychology. One of the best known of these is "Dissociation of Personality," which was published in 1906.

His services to the science of medicine have won a wide recognition, honorary orders having been conferred upon him by the leading societies of four nations. Among the decorations he has received is the Cross of the French Legion of Honor.

Murray Is Rockefeller Fellow

Dr. Murray entered the Army in 1917 from the Harvard Medical School as a member of the Medical Reserve Corps. He has also practiced surgery in the Massachusetts General Hospital, and is now conducting experiments in physiology as a fellow of the Rockefeller Medical Institute.

While he was in college Murray was on the University crew for two years, and captain his last year.

The appointment of Dr. Prince and Dr. Murray to take up work in the field of nervous psychology marks an interesting step in the development of psychological experiment and teaching at the University.