BASEBALL TEAM TO SPORT NEW UNIFORM IN B. U. GAME

"HARVARD" TO BE BLAZONED ON PLAYERS' SHIRTS

The first hint of how the University baseball team will line up in its first game of the season against Boston University next Saturday was afforded last Saturday afternoon. It was announced at the same time that a change in uniforms of the players had been made and shirts with the word "Harvard" upon them will be substituted for the plain shirts hitherto worn.

The University team was outside for about two hours when they were put through a general workout and a long batting drill. After this, Coach Mitchell lined the men up for infield practice with two teams, A and B.

The team A infield consisted of J. E. Tobin '27 on first base, William Ullman '27 at second, Isadore Zarakov '27 on third, and R. C. Sullivan '28, the only new addition to the first string infield, at short-stop.

DeRham and Chauncey Opponents

During the infield practice H. L. deRahm '27 who caught in the second Yale game last year, took his place behind the plate. According to present indications the regular catcher's position seems to lie between him and Henry Chauncey '28, last year's Freshman backstop.

The second nine which Coach Mitchell sent out for practice had in the infield W. W. Lord '28, at first base, J. A. Nordberg '28 at second, J. B. Dacey '26 at shortstop, and J. P. Chase '28 at the third corner.

The uniforms which the University team will wear this year are to undergo a decided change from those formerly used due to an injunction by Coach Mitchell. The time-honored custom of wearing plain shirts has been abandoned and the Crimson players will open their season with the word "Harvard" emblazoned on their breasts.

Another departure from precedent will be the discarding of sweaters in favor of blazers, which were brought into by the University track team on its invasion of England some years ago. These blazers are to be of a bright red hue.