YALE DRAMATIC CLUB TO APPEAR HERE APRIL 12

APPEARS AT REPERTORY UNDER AUSPICES OF YALE CLUB

The Yale University Dramatic Asso-Boston in over 10 years, when it comes here to present its annual spring play at the Repertory Theatre on Monday, April 12. The play which was written by a Yale graduate, Thomas Cushing '02, is a war comedy called "Out o'Luck." The production is under the auspices of the Yale Club of Boston, which has already made preparations to receive the undergraduate dramatists.

The manager of the Yale Dramatic Association describes the play as follows: "'Out O'Luck' is a comedy of doughboy life in France during the World War written from notes made by the author during the St. Mihiel drive in August and September 1918.

Play Has Its Basis in Fact

Nearly every episode in the action is based on an actual happening. The plot focuses upon the experiences of a group of the American soldiers of essentially different types, thrown together by the haphazard fortune of war, in a French farmhouse, where they are temporarily isolated from their company as the result of a German counter attack.

Cushing Author of Many Plays

"Into what follows, the author has injected many incidents personally witnessed by him, and with a sure eye for comic effect in word and situation, has drawn a sympathetic picture of the laughter and the laughable for which the war sets the stage."

Mr. Cushing, the author of the play, has also written several other well known pieces. He made the adaptation of "Laugh, Clown, Laugh", in which Lionel Barrymore starred a few seasons ago, and also the dramatization of "Blood and Sand." He wrote the book of "Sari" a successful musical comedy, and in collaboration with Winchell Smith wrote "Thank You."

Although the Yale Club has already taken a large block of seats for the Boston performance, there are still some tickets left for the general public. These are now on sale at the Repertory Theatre Box Office and at Herrick's.