MEETING TOMORROW STARTS NET SEASON

HARVARD-YALE TRIP ABROAD DEFINITELY CANCELLED

The 1926 tennis season will have its official opening tomorrow afternoon with a meeting of all candidates in the Freshman Gymnasium at 5.15 o'clock. Coach Cowles and Captain J. W. Whitbeck '27 will both address the assembled aspirants. This meeting is only for University players since the Freshman season opened two or three weeks ago.

Although the outside courts are still in poor condition and probably will not be ready for use until after vacation, the University players will practice regularly in the Freshman Gym. This will give Coach Cowles a chance to get a line on the playing of the men, and will facilitate his picking a team, after the squad gets outside.

On the strength of the outdoor practice last fall, and practice this winter on the Longwood Tennis Club's indoor courts, the squad shows possibilities for a very successful team this spring. J. W. Whitbeck '27, G. H. Perkins '26, L. H. Gordon '27, and P. M. Lenhart '27 were all members of last year's team, while W. G. Smith '26 and L. O. Pratt '26 were on the second team last year.

Picked on Past Showing

The above named men have been picked by Coach Cowles, on the basis of their past showing, to go on the southern trip during vacation. The schedule for the southern trip has been announced as follows: April 17, the Agawan Hunt Club in Providence, R. L; April 19 and 20, the Mason-Dixon tournament in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.; April 21, Norfolk Country Club in Norfolk, Va.; April 22, Country Club of Virginia in Richmond, Va.; April 23, Chevy Chase Country Club in Washington: and April 24, West Point at West Point.

The international meet between Harvard and Yale and Oxford and Cambridge, which has been under discussion recently has been definitely cancelled. Yale has refused to play this summer, and it also seems very unlikely that the University men will be able to arrange a separate match.