TWO TENNIS TEAMS AND 1929 CREW ON SPORT BILL

TENNIS TEAM HEAVY FAVORITE II TODAY'S ENCOUNTER

In addition to the baseball games, two tennis matches and a Freshman 156 pound crew race mark the period of mid-week athletic activity. The University come up against M. I. T. while the second team meets Andover, and that first-year 150-pounders face Tech.

The University tennis team which has not been scored on this season, express to keep its string to victories unbroken this afternoon. The Crimson line-up will be the same as usual with the possible exception of Captain Whitbeck who must be unable to play.

The second team also hopes to come out on the long end of the score, since Andover was defeated by the Freshmen last week. The 5 to 4 score of the match, however, shows that the First court men are likely to give their older rivals a close contest.

In their first official race of the season the first year 150 pound oarsmen will come up against the powerful M. I. T. Freshman combination at 5 o'clock this afternoon. The second shell will also race at the same time.

Changes in the Second String

Several changes were made known in the second and third regular 1929 event yesterday which are expected to strenghten both boats whose recent performances have not been up to early season expectations. There is also a possibility of the shifts may cause some changes in the ranking of the crews. The most important changes involved Omsted's taking Harkness' place at stroke on the third boat, and Harkness going to number 2. McKesson filled the vacancy left by Olmsted on the second crew and Wyeth was dropped to the first Standby shell.