FORECAST OF THE HARVARD-YALE TRACK MEET GIVES CRIMSON ONE POINT MARGIN

Blue Sprinters Expected to Outscore Miller -- University Distance Men Counted On Heavily

Actual figures, for the first time in years, indicate that Harvard has a chance of downing the Eli track forces when the rival outfits meet in the Stadium on Saturday to decide the Big Three track championship. Both Harvard and Yale have already downed the Tigers, and though Yale did it more handily than did the Crimson, it must be remembered that four Princeton stars who completed against Coach Farrell's men were not entered against the Blue.

According to past performances, with each squad given the decision in an equal number of doubtful cases. Harvard might well win the meet by a score of 68 to 67. One break going against either team would, so closely matched are the squads, change the result of the meet. Third places are always harder to predio than first places, and in a close meet, a third place, won perhaps by an unknown, will decide the Big Three championship.

The quarter-mile promises to be the best race of the afternoon, and upon it may hinge the outcome of the duel. Paulsen has done under 49 seconds, the new dual meet record established by Kane against Dartmouth last Saturday. The Crimson runner negotiated a wet track, in the rain to break the tape well ahead of the Green runner. Should he hit his best stride against the Blue, Harvard may well pick up two more points in the 440-yard dash, which would give the Crimson more latitude in the field events, where, according to the CRIMSON'S figures. Harvard will have to be at its best to stand off the Elis.

Concede Yale Nine Firsts

According to the accompanying size-up. Yale is conceded nine of the 15 first places, but the Crimson's decided edge in the Mile and Two Mile runs, together with strong representation among the competitors for seconds and thirds in the field events, is counted upon to outscore the invaders.

In the dashes, Yale should score ten points to the Crimson's eight, with Miller counted upon to annex the 100-yard dash and take second to Norton in the furlong. Kane and Paulsen will fight it out in the quarter, with Clark of Yale conceded the odd point. FIGURES AND FANCY   Harvard  Yale Track Events 100-Yard  5  4 220-Yard  8  6 440-Yard  3  6 Half Mile  6  2 Mile  9  0 Two Mile  8  1 High Hurdles  8  6 Low Hurdles  8  6 Field Events Shot Put  6  3 Discus  6  5 Javelin  4  5 Hammer  4  5 High Jump  2  7 Broad Jump  3  6 Pole Vault  3  6   --  --   68  67

Watters and O'Neil should give Harvard six markers in the half-mile, with Hogan placing second for Yale.

In the mile and two mile, the Crimson is clearly predominant and if the Harvard distance men can stand the gaff of doubling up, the local runners should garner 17 of the 18 points in their two events. This means that Haggerty, Tibbetts, and Watters are counted on for points in the mile, while Tibbetts and Luttman should finish their eight laps ahead of Smith of Yale. Should Luttman be off form, Smith may well drive home ahead of the Crimson Sophomore.

Look to Pratt in Weights

In the field events Pratt will have to capture both the shot and discus if Harvard is to hold even the New Haven outfit in the field events. By scoring four points in the javelin and hammer throw, three each in the broad jump and pole vault, and two points in the high jump, the Crimson will edge out Yale by exactly one point.

Look to Pratt in Weights