1929 TO LOSE ASSEMBLY BUT KEEP POPS CONCERT

CONCERT WILL PROCEED AS IN PAST YEARS WITHOUT CHANGES

The Freshman Assembly which was planned for May 12 in Symphony Hall has been cancelled. The regular Pops Concert scheduled for that night, however, will be held with an additional program by the Freshman Glee Club.

The Pops concerts which begin Monday night in Symphony Hall run through the first two weeks in May and consist of selections of good music of a light nature. Numerous special nights are held, including a Harvard night and a Tech night.

Officials Prevent Assembly

The Assembly which has been called off was planned as an extension of the concerts of past years. The distinctive feature was to have been dancing after the regular program, but this innovation did not meet with official approval. Most of the other features which were planned for the Assembly have been preserved in the arrangements for Freshman night at the Pops.

The concert will consist of alternate selections by the Boston Symphony Orchestra and by the Freshman Glee Club. The numbers which the former are so give have not yet been decided on, but the Glee Club has already completed its program which is made up of several English, Irish, Russian, and Dutch folk songs and three songs of a sacred nature. The audience will sit at tables in groups of five, and the hall will be decorated with a large 1929 insignia at the back of the hall which will be lighted up when the Glee Club comes on the stage.

The complete program of Freshman songs is as follows: The first group is composed of four folk songs: English  The Keeper Irish  Londonderry Air Russian  The Prayer of Thanksgiving The second group consists of the following: 1. Jerusalem  Parry 2. Integer Vitae  Fleming 3. Now Let Every Tongue  Bach

The last selection will be accompanied by the Symphony Hall organ. The completion of the regular program will be followed by the singing of Harvard songs in which the audience will join.