PENNSYLVANIA NINE FACES CRIMSON ON QUAKER CITY FIELD

Wins Infield Position Definitely From Chase--Penn Has Broken Even With Yale in Two Games

Philadelphia, Pa., May 7, 1926--Coach Mitchell was still undecided after the Harvard nine's workout on Franklin Field this afternoon whether he would send Booth or Barbee to the mound in the Crimson's first important game of the season against the University of Pennsylvania outfit tomorrow afternoon. The Crimson mentor, however, declared himself as satisfied with the form of both his twirlers, and was confident of getting through the game with only one of them facing the Penn aggregation. Harvard faces Holy Cross on Wednesday, and one of the Cambridge aces will have a hard enough task against the Crusaders without attempting to hurl twice within the week.

The rest of the Harvard line-up will be unchanged. Ullman probably will start, no matter whom the Red and Blue sends to the rubber, but should Captain Long, a right hander toil for Penn, Chase who bats from the port side of the plate may get in as a pinch hitter. Though Long is one of the best slabsmen in the college ranks, Kruez, stellar fullback on the U. of P. eleven, may be sent in to baffle the Crimson stickmen, as the Cambridge boys have shown in the past that portside twirling is distasteful to them.

Though Burns, the injured center fielder, has been taken to Philadelphia with the Harvard squad, he will not see action tomorrow, and his presence in this city is attributed purely to strategic reasons, as Penn is scheduled for a return engagement in Cambridge, and by that time Burns' injury will probably be sufficiently healed to allow his taking part in the tilt.

Pennsylvania is counting on its heavy hitting and strong hurling corps to pull them through to victory. The home nine expects to have little trouble in keeping the light-hitting Crimson outfit from scoring, and is confident that such swatters as Fields and Tremper, in spite of Harvard's recent shut-outs, will be able to drive enough runs across the platter to assure the Quaker lads the first game of the series.