CONFERENCE AT CONCORD TO DISCUSS WAR PROBLEM

CAUSES OF WAR WILL BE STUDIED UNDER PROFESSORS

The inevitability of war, the efficacy of preparedness, and the dangers of imperialism are a few of the questions which will be considered at the Concord Conference from June 19 to July 4. a Convocation of Youth for Training in Peace Leadership planned by a number of representative students from Harvard, Radcliffe. M.I.T., Wellesley, Boston University, Smith, Mt. Holyoke, Simenons and Tufts.

The talks and discussions will provide an opportunity for the student delegates to get a comprehensive grasp of the economic, political, and psychological causes of war and bulwarks of peace and will help them to become constructive forces in the maintenance of peace for future generations.

Deak Among Leaders

A number of intellectual leaders of today, including Professor Harry Barnes of Smith. Professor Clarence J. Skinner of Tufts. Captain Paxton Hibben, Francis Deak of the Confederation International des Etudiants, and Professor Henry R. Mussey of Wellesley, will lead the conference and direct discussion of the problems. A brief course of study has been arranged under their tutelage which will lead to a better understanding of the forces that make for War and the agencies that are working for Peace.

During the second week of the conference, instead of continuing with a pre-arranged program, the members will form advanced study and discussion groups for reviewing significant books, and originating constructive thought concerning methods of promoting peace.

Members of the University wishing to attend the Concord Conference may see the leader of the Harvard delegation, D. F. Foljambe '26 at 3 Mower Hall or telephone the Secretary of the Conference at Haymarket 2696.