HARVARD FAVORED TO CAPTURE SECOND GAME FROM BRUINS

Held Providence Team for Six Innings in First Encounter--Game Today to Start at 4 O'clock

If the University baseball team plays the same brand of ball that it put on at Princeton on Wednesday, Soldiers Field will see in action a nine that is better in every respect than any Crimson outfit in recent years. As goes the pitcher, so goes the team is almost a truism in baseball, but thought Barbee is not scheduled to see action today against the Brown team, either Cutts or Booth can supply the necessary poise to make the rest of the Harvard nine look good.

Pitchers Battle Due

Two weeks ago Brown lost to Harvard at Providence in a game that was made almost impossible by a steady down-pour of rain. Today's weather should be more favorable when the two nines clash on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock, and if Danzell who is slated to hurl for the invaders is in form, the game should be a tight pitchers' battle, with the Crimson, due to its previous win and the fast speed at which, it is now travelling, slightly the favorite.

Cutts last appearance on the mound was against Holy Cross in the return game at Worcester. He hurled only for one inning after Booth had given way to a pinchhitter, but he allowed the Purple sluggers no hits, retiring them in one-two-three order in the last half of the eighth inning. The Sophomore's last start was against today's invaders, when he did not allow a bit for five innings. In the sixth he was touched for a lone bingle, and in the seventh he was removed after walking three men and allowing another to hit safely.

Booth, who will pitch if Cutts does not, worked for seven stanzas against Holy Cross in his last appearance. Though he was hit freely throughout and allowed eight runs in the first and second innings, he pitched shut-out ball after that until removed for a pinchhitter in the Harvard half of the eighth. Against Brown in the opening game, he relieved Cutts in the seventh and blanked the Bears to gain credit for the victory after Harvard forged ahead behind his pitching in the last two frames.

Danzell's most notable achievement to date has been the defeat that he handed the Dartmouth team two weeks ago. In downing the Green, who had beaten Holy Cross, the tall right-hander allowed only seven scattered hits, and was not scored upon until the eighth inning when the Hanover forces pushed over the run that saved them from being white-washed. Brown winning, 3 to 1. Brown's chances of victory depend pretty much upon tight mound work, for the Bears are not threatening at the plate. Against Cutts and Booth they were able to garner only three singles, but on them they managed to score five runs, showing that their policy of waiting for the breaks is apt to bear fruit. Against Dartmouth, they pushed over all three of their runs and five hits, coupled with Green miscues. HARVARD  BROWN Burns c.f.  3b. Schuster Jones r.f.  r.f. Edes Zarakov 3b.  2b. Ruckstull Todd l.f.  s.s. Dixon Tobin l.b.  c.f. MacDonald Ullman 2b.  l.f. Gurney DeRham c.  lb. Parker Sullivan s.s.  c. Holden Cutts or Booth p.  p. Danzell