CHOATE NEWS AWARDED FIRST CRIMSON TROPHY

AWARD BASED ON EDITORIALS, NEWS AND MAKEUP

Announcement was made last night by the judges of the CRIMSON school newspaper competition that the cup for this year had been awarded to the Choate News. The Hill News and the Hotchkiss Record, at the same time, received honorable mention. This cup, donated by the senior editors of the CRIMSON, is the first of three similar prizes, also donated by the graduating editors, that will be presented for the next two years to those school papers, whose general make-up, news and editorials are most capably handled.

To Invite All Papers Next Year

This year the competition was limited to the members of the School Newspaper Federation, but in the years to come, it is expected that the competition will be extended to all the papers in the country.

The judges this year were W. I. Nichols '26, R. H. Field '26, retired Presidents of the CRIMSON and H. M. Hart, Jr. '26, former Editorial Chairman. In judging the entries, mere size was not taken into consideration, the donors of the prize feeling that the news and editorial policy were of more account.

The CRIMSON plans to hold annual competitions for school publications are in accord with its policy of establishing a closer contact between the University and the schools, and also of keeping the schoolboys informed of the happenings at Harvard not only in the line of athletic events. The latter is accomplished by means of the newsletter which is sent out every week, and the news cards which inform the editors of school papers whenever a graduate of his school gains some sort of distinction at the University.