Lampy Rebuked

THE MAIL

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

Three cheers for Lampy! Many complaints have been heard from all quarters concerning the decadence of Lampy and his interiority in comparison with other college papers of the same type. But the fertile brain of the editors has at last, brought to light a new source of humor from which no doubt they will be able to draw a wealth of new and original jokes, and will thus relieve the present monotony of reading jokes which range anywhere from the pre-historic to "The Best Joke I Ever Heard" in the last Boston American. The idealism and breadth of vision displayed in the portrayal of the Semitic Museum deserves special mention. The artists are to be commended especially on their treatment of the religious subjects, since it shows a delicacy of treatment and sympathy of outlook which is unparalleled even in the Dearborn Independent.

The two artists remind one of Baalam and his ass. For once more may we say. "And the Lord opened the month of the ass." But no, we cannot lay as the door of the Almighty such a gross, barbarons, wanton picture capable of origin only in the brain of a moron. For if Lampy can find no other material but scorn of the Jewish students in the college and the aspirations and religious ideals of the Jewish race, then it is quite easy to understand the general attitude towards the publication. B. Wantman '28.