TIGER DEADLOCK TO END JUNE NINTH

New York Hotel Will Serve as Examination Hall--Recent Rise of Crimson Team Makes Chances Good

With a play-off game necessary to decide the Harvard-Princeton baseball series this year, the third game will be played at Princeton Wednesday, June 9. In the first contest the Tigers defeated the Crimson by the overwhelming score of 16 to 6 but in the second encounter Coach Mitchell's nine turned the tables on the Orange and Black and emerged on the scoring end of a 5 to 0 count.

May Add Exam Proctor to Squad

A number of the University athletes have examinations scheduled for June 9, and the College Office has not yet given permission for the squad to take a proctor to Princeton in order to take the examinations in the morning. In former years the crew has taken a proctor when it made a trip during examinations time, and it is likely the University authorities will enable the team to appear at full strength at Princeton by permitting the examinations to be held in a New York hotel the morning of the game.

In defeating Princeton and Brown within a space of two days, the Crimson ball tossers furnished one of the biggest upsets of the current college diamond season. The ease with which the Tigers had downed the University nine in the first game made them overwhelming favorites to repeat at Princeton the following week. Behind some remarkably effective twirling by John Barbee '28 and some timely hitting by the Crimson batters, the University turned back Princeton with comparative case.

The following Monday at Providence, with a drizzling rain falling throughout the entire game, the University nine stretched its winning streak to two straight by downing a Brown team that was fresh from an impressive victory over Dartmouth the previous Saturday. Three hits were all the safe blows that the Brunonians collected off the delivery of Cutts and Booth, while the Crimson attack smashed out 8 hits and annexed 5 runs. A tendency on the part of Cutts to issue bases on balls almost spelled defeat for the University, the home team garnering 5 runs in a hectic seventh inning. The Crimson finally won a 7 to 5 decision.

With Holy Cross the next opponent for Coach Mitchell's team on Saturday, and Princeton the following Wednesday, the Crimson nine faces a hard task to remain in the winning column. The necessity of saving Barbee for the Tiger contest means that either Booth or Puffer will be the choice for the mound assignment in the clash with the Purple at Worcester.

The season's record to date for the University nine stands ten games won against five lost. Pennsylvania, Princeton. Boston University. Williams and Holy Cross have been the outfits to take the measure of the University this season.