HARVARD CLUBS LISTEN TO COMMITTEE REPORTS

FOUR NEW CLUBS ARE ADMITTED TO ASSOCIATION

Chicago, June 4--At today's session of the associated Harvard Clubs at the Drake Hotel, the reports of various committees were heard.

Allston Burr '89, chairman of the national committee for the Harvard War Memorial, reported $200,000 already raised on the million dollars needed for the proposed University Church. Following the report, the Harvard Club of Chicago and its associated clubs pledged their support.

Progress Noted in Fund

The progress of the Harvard Fund was discussed by Howard Elliott '81, and by Joseph Hamlen '04, who announced that nearly $100,000 has been subscribed to date. This news was received with great enthusiasm.

The athletic situation was taken up by J. W. Hallowell '01, chairman of the committee on athletics. Mr. Hallowell rehearsed the late Harvard victories over Yale and stated that athletics are on the mend. The suggestion of the adoption of the slogan. "Back up Bingham," was received with great applause, as was Mr. Hallowell's account of W. S. Bingham's services to the University.

At the meeting, four new Harvard Clubs were admitted to the Association. These are the Harvard Clubs of Miami, of the West Coast of Florida, of Norman, Oklahoma, and of Shanghai, China. There are now 123 Harvard Clubs in the Association.

The following officers of the Association were elected: President, J. W. Hallowell '01: Secretary, Nathan Pereles Jr. '04: Treasurer, Mackey Wells '08, Vice-Presidents were elected for the following divisions. New England, F. J. Sulloway '05: Eastern, C. C. Stillman '98: Central, J. L. Valentine '98: Western, Bergmann Richards '09: Southern, E. S. Hatch, Med, '99: Southwestern W. W. Fisher '04: Pacific, B. Emmons '06: Canadian, J. A. Eccles '10: European, J. H. Hyde '98. John Hallowell '01 was also elected as the Associated Harvard Clubs' representative on the Alumni Association.