BIRDSALL WILL ASSIST MAYO AS DEAN OF 1930

Changes In Administration Plentiful Since Spring--Bacon to Take Over '27, '28, and ocC Students

The departure of two assistant deans and the appointment of one are among the changes which have taken place within University Hall since last spring. Former Assistant Dean E. A. Whitney '17, who for the past two years has had charge of the Freshman class, will henceforth devote his time to teaching in the field of history, in which he holds the position of Assistant Professor and Tutor. Delmar Leighton '19, formerly Assistant Dean in Charge of Records is now giving his full time to the position of Chairman of the Committee on the Choice of Electives. Paul Birdsall '21 has been appointed Assistant Dean, in charge of the Freshman class under Assistant Dean L. S. Mayo '10.

Bacon Assumes New Duties

Assistant Dean R. E. Bacon '18, last year in charge of the Junior class, now retains that class, with the addition of the Senior class and all out-of-course students. Elliott Perkins '23, who was appointed last year to assist Mr. Whitney with the Freshman class, now has charge of Sophomores; and Assistant Dean L. S. Mayo '10 governs the class of 1930, aided by Mr. Birdsall. Francis Parkman '18 succeeds his former chief. Delmar Leighton '19, as Assistant Dean of Records.

Birdsall Studies for Ph.D.

Paul, Birdsall, the new Assistant Dean, after graduating from the University, held the Fiske Scholarship of Trinity College, Oxford, during 1921. Subsequently, he taught at St. Paul's School for three years, and returned to the University two years ago to study for the doctorate in the field of history. He received the degree of A.M. and last year passed the general examinations for the doctor's degree. This year he will aid Assistant Dean Mayo in charge of the class of 1930.