1930 RESPONDS TO DRIVE FOR BUDGET

Registration Envelopes Hold Budget Pledge Cards--Payments Are Due on November 30

The new Budget system for the collection of funds to cover the various Student Council, class, and Phillips Brooks House Association expenses was inaugurated yesterday by the Freshmen. The amount collected from 1930 was sufficient to suggest the complete success of the scheme provided the upper three classes give in similar proportion.

Pledge Cards Are in Envelopes

When the old students register today, tomorrow and Monday, they will find enclosed in their registration envelopes Budget Pledge Cards containing general information regarding the purpose of the plan, the method in which it will be carried out, and the organizations to which the money procured will be devoted. The card also states that the Student Council hopes that every undergraduate will pledge approximately five dollars at the least. In order that those students who cannot afford to make a contribution or whose contributions must of necessity be small pledges of over five dollars are hoped foir from the more wealthy students.

Is Year's Only Financial Drive

The Finance Committee of the Student Council has explained that the Budget will obviate the necessity of further drives during the year. The weakness of numerous drives it says lies largely in the difficulty of reaching all the students on account of the fact that so many live outside the college dormitories. Thus the entire financial burden of the undergraduates has in the past been borne by only a part of the student body. The greater numbers of contributes obtained by the Budget system, therefore, lessens the individual financial burden.