SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN FOR BUDGET NEARS END

UPPERCLASS PLEDGES SHOULD BRING TOTAL TO $10,000 QUOTA

With the closing of the period of registration at 5 o'clock this afternoon the one financial drive of the present college year will have been completed. The innovation in the method of collecting money for the class, the Phillips Brooks House Association, Student Council, and other expenses, philanthropic and otherwise, was brought into effect last Thursday when the incoming Freshmen were required to register.

Financial Success Forecast

The response to the Budget to date has already proved the advantage of the new scheme from the point of view of efficiency and has given encouraging indications of its success financially. Here to or the duplication of effort in collection, and the inconvenience and annoyance, caused to the individual student, have redounded almost without exception to the detriment of the drives concerned. According to the Budget plan the Student Council will bill the individual student the amount designated on his pledge at the end of November.

In order that the quota of $10,000 may be realized, the Budget pledge card requests that a minimum contribution of five dollars, be made by these students who can afford it. This will permit the less wealthy students to make contributions of one or two dollars or make none at all without the danger of the Budget's not being completed. If the contributions per capital for today average the same as they have for the first three days of registration the quota will be reached almost to the exact figure.

Four Form Finance Committee

The funds and their collection will be in the hands of the treasurer of the Student Council and the treasurers of the three upper classes. With the student Council treasurer acting as chairman, these four men will form the Finance Committee. The work of organization the present Budget drive has been carried on under the direction of J. L. Pool '28, secretary treasurer of the Junior class.

This new plan of financing the essential drives at the University at one time was adopted at the suggestion of a Student Council Committee, appointed to consider the master last year.